Thompson Rivers University (TRU) was founded in the year 1970 as a public academic and Research University. The University is located in Kamloops, BC, Canada with its main campus situated around. It must be mentioned that numerous global leaders and famous personalities within various streams have been graduated from this college. The college further offers distance and online education programs with the TRU Open Learning division.
The first-ever convocation of TRU was been held on March 31, 2005. Moreover, Nancy Greene Raine was the first-ever chancellor of TRU and it was none other than then Prime Minister Paul Martin who paid a visit to the university. TRU’s Kamloops and Williams Lake campuses are situated around the Secwepemc peoples’ territory within the British Columbia. The university is further situated at the meeting ends of the famous North Thompson and South Thompson rivers. Speaking of the students, there are more than 14,000 students that are pursuing various courses at the university campus.
The university is further spread around various renowned commercial districts and residential areas around. Well, the students can certainly look up to the famous Tournament Capital Center that is located just around the corner and currently been deemed as Kamloops’ biggest recreational center. Students can also enjoy various outdoor adventures and cultural activities within the university’s vicinity.
Being an international student, you can brace yourself with the best facilities in terms of food and dining, transportation and parking, childcare, breastfeeding, and parenting room, lost and found, book store and tech services.
How to Apply?
Submitting an online application requires a credit card to pay the application fee.
Once you begin an online application, you can save it and return as often as you like prior to your final submission.
Canadian citizen or permanent resident: $29.25
International applicants: $100.00
Course available at Thompson River
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Duration 4 Years
- Bachelor of Computing Science: Duration 4 Years
- Associate Degree in Science-Pre Dentistry: Duration 2 Years
- Bachelor of Tourism Management: Duration 4 Years
- B.Sc in Computing Science: Duration 4 Years
- Diploma in Computing Science: Duration 2 Years
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Duration 4 Years
- Diploma in Management: Duration 2 Years
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance Major): Duration 4 Years
- Diploma in Sport Event Management: Duration 2 Years
- Bachelor of Journalism: Duration 4 Years
- Diploma in Resort and Hotel Management: Duration 2 Years
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing: Duration 4 Years
- Master of Business Administration:Duration 20 Months
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Supply Chain Management: Duration 2 Years
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Administration: Duration 2 Years
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Finance: Duration 2 Years
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting: Duration 2 Years
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Marketing: Duration 2 Years
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resource Management: Duration 2 Years
- MSc Environmental Science: Duration 2 Years
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in International Business: Duration 2 Years
- Master in Environmental Economics and Management: Duration 2 Years
- Juris Doctor of Laws (J.D.): Duration 2 Years