College of Tourism and Hotel Management(COTHM) has established itself as a for-profit private higher education institution that is based within the most modernized urban setting of the large town of Nicosia. The College is affiliated and recognized by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus, College of Tourism and Hotel Management (COTHM). It also has a small coeducational higher education institution located within its vicinity. College of Tourism and Hotel Management (COTHM) offers a wide range of courses and programs that further leads the students to most of the officially recognized higher education degrees like pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees in several areas of study.
You can always refer to the uniRank degree levels and associated areas of the study matrix below for further check of its details. While the institution is almost 33 years old, it further holds a selective admission policy that is purely based on the outcome of the entrance examinations and past academic record and grades of the respective students. Looking at the admission rate range of the college, that comes around to 80-90% while making this Cypriot higher education organization as one of the most credible educational institutions within the country.
Programs of Study
The College of Tourism and Hotel Management is an internationally respected college, offering career-oriented programs of study of superior quality. Each program is specifically designed to enable graduates to become highly sought after achievers, able to function in the international arena, which is today’s business environment.
School leavers whose overall academic performance is good and who have a very good knowledge of the English language are eligible to apply for admission. All candidates take the College Entrance Exams before they are officially accepted as full time students.
At present, the College is authorized by the Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture to offer the following full time programs of study:
- DIPLOMA IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM ADMINISTRATION (2 years, Diploma)
- DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (2 years, Diploma)
- HIGHER DIPLOMA IN HOTEL ADMINISTRATION (3 years, Higher Diploma)
- BA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (4 Years, Bachelors Degree)
- BA IN EVENTS MANAGEMENT (4 years, Bachelors Degree)
- BA IN LEISURE MANAGEMENT (4 years, Bachelors Degree)
- BA IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT (4 years, Bachelors Degree)
- BA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (4 years, Bachelors Degree)
- BA IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE (4 years, Bachelors Degree)
- PGD IN BUSINESS (1 year, Postgraduate Diploma)
- PGD IN MANAGEMENT STUDIES (1 year, Postgraduate Diploma)
- MA – MASTERS IN LEISURE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT (12 Months, Masters Degree)
- MBA – MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (18 Months, Masters Degree)